Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm on a search for the Lower East Side's most amazing trendsetters, we all know this neighborhood is swarming with trendy hipsters, but I ask, are these girls just following aimlessly along? It is possible to have true style in such a trendy city?
 Where are the true fashionistas of downtown New York City? I think a great place to start my search is with the LES it girl Rachel Trachtenburg. You can spot her strutting her stuff near Tompkins park, wearing one of her infamous candy wrapper bows, or a Syd Barret hair clip, all homemade out of recycled materials. At only sixteen Rachel has her own girl band called SuperCute, at this point we can be pretty sure that we'll be seeing a lot more of her as she slowly rises to sit on her throne as queen of the downtown fashion scene. 






“If I walk down the street in jeans and a plain t-shirt, I don’t feel like the world sees me as I want to be seen or as what I am.”

0 comments:

Custom Search